24 money market fund

25 running account

26 reserve for depreciation

27 relief measure

28 financial recession

29 technological prowess

30 monetary stringency

英译汉

1.  Today, being driven by the necessity of doing something for himself, he entered the drug store which occupied the corner, and finding a girl cashier in a small glass cage near the door, asked of her who was in charge of the soda fountain. Interested by his uncertain manner, as well as his deep and rather  appealing eyes, and instinctively judging that he was looking for something to do, she observed:"Why, Mr. Sector, there , the manager of the store. " She nodded in the

direction of a short, meticulously dressed man of about thirty-five, who was arranging an especial display of diamond necklaces on the top of a glass case. Clyde approached him, being still dubious as to how one were about getting anything in life. Finding him engrossed in what he was doing, Clyde stood first on one foot and then on the other, untill at last, sensing someone was hovering about for something, the man turned, “well?”, he asked.

“ You don’t  happen to need a soda fountain helper,  do you?” Clyde case at him a glance that said as plain as anything could, “ if you have any such place, I wish please give it to me. I need it. “

“ no, no , no,” replied the man, who was blond and vigorous and by nature a little irritable. He was about to turn away, but seeing a flicker of disappointment and depression pass over Clyde’s face, he turned and added, “Ever work in a place like this before?”

“No place as fine as this. No, sir.” Replied Clyde, “I’m working now down at Mr.klinkle’s store, but it isn’t  anything like this one and I’d like to get something better if I could.”

“Uh,” went on the man, “well, that’s reasonable enough. But there isn’t anything here right now that I could offer you. We didn’t make any changes. But if you’d like to be a bell-boy, I can tell you where you might get a place. They are looking for an extra boy in the hotel inside there right now. The capstan of the boys was telling me he was in need of a one.

Then seeing Clyde’s eyes suddenly brightened, he added, "But you mustn’t say that I sent you, because I don’t know you. Just ask for Mr. Squires inside there, under the stairs, and he can tell you all about it.”

汉译英

我只是清华几万校友中的一个,现在不在清华工作,然而说起这所学校,至今像年轻时一样兴奋,话也像说不要是的。

清华吸引人的究竟是什么呢?它有很好的校园,设备,但这些别校也有;它的历史也不是很长,世界大学中,成立已几百年的有的是。想来想去,还是由于清华的人,或者说清华人和中国历史的特殊关联。

说起清华人,我怀念我的老师们。大学一年级,俞平伯,余冠英两先生教我国文,一位教读本,一位教作文,都亲切而严格,有一次余先生指出我作文中的错误,但又要我多写几篇给他看。二年级,贺麟老师教我西洋哲学史,见了我长达几百页的英文读书报告不仅不皱眉,反而在班上表扬我;还是在他的指导之下,我读了不少古希腊哲学家著作的英译,真有发现新星球似的喜悦。

我们这一级(1935-1939)还有一段特殊经历,即抗日战争的锻炼。我们两年在清华园度过,两年在长沙,南★,蒙自,昆明度过。有的同学进入解放区打游击,大多数在大后方直接或间接地参加战争工作。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

12#
发表于 2018-12-26 11:52:19 | 只看该作者
@gwok
补短板
增后劲
商品住宅
亚投行
绩效考评
排队购票
如厕后冲水
严禁烟火
团结互信
资金融通
a shortfall of capital
environment-friendly technology
pore of destination
market money fund
financial recession
reserve for depreciation
business scope
financial standing
the date of issuance
technological prowess
monetary stringency
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

13#
发表于 2018-12-26 13:02:59 | 只看该作者
@鲸鱼
前面三十个词条好难,我有二十个不会。十九大政府工作报告没考几个,清一色的全是经济金融类或者商务英语的词条,我不认识那些词条,但是感觉得出来是经济金融类的词条,好多带financial的,记得有个financial standing,还有个money fund market可能它就想要吸收那些本科是商务英语或者国贸的同学吧。两篇翻译都是文学翻译,比散文翻译还是简单些。提供些片段不知道你们能不能找到出处。第一篇英译汉主人公叫Clyde,他去一家药店找工作,然后就是去问那个经理fountain coda需不需要人手,最后那个经理推荐他去bell boy。这两个点我都没翻出来,也不知道会死得多惨。第二篇汉译英是一个人在回忆他的清华时光。我在群里面看到有人分享图片,好像某个培训机构的老师上课讲过这篇文章。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

14#
发表于 2018-12-27 10:37:16 | 只看该作者
@Cassie
1.词条翻译(30分)
补短板
商品住宅
增后劲
市场主体
绩效考评
资源开发
亚投行
资金通融
团结互信
责任共同体
供给侧改革
精准扶贫
严禁烟火
如厕后请冲厕
排队购票
A shortfall in capital
Environmentally-friendly technology
Financial standing
The date of issuance
Earnings report
A competitive price
The port of destination
Business scope
Money market fund
Running account
Reserve for depreciation
Relief measure
Financial recession
Technological prowess
Monetary stringency

诶,长叹一口气,拿到试卷扫了一眼就知道自己词条凉了,前几年考的都是日报热词、机构,所以自己复习的重点也都在日报热词、机构上,没想到也就出了两三个,这三十分有把握的也不过十分左右。血一样的教训啊,大家今后一定要尽早背热词,而且要广泛涉猎。当然也不是毫无规律可言,参考书词汇,热词,经济词汇还是重点。

2.段落翻译
英译汉

Today, being driven by the necessity of doing something for himself, he entered the drug store which occupied the corner, finding a girl cashier in a small glass cage near the door, asked of her who was in charge of the soda fountain.

Interested by his uncertain manner, as well as his deep and rather appealing eyes, and instinctively judging that he was looking for something to do, she observed, “Why, Mr. Sector, there, the manager of the store.” She nodded in the direction of a short, meticulously dressed man of about thirty-five, who was arranging an especial display of diamond necklaces on the top of a glass case.

Clyde approached him, being still dubious as to how one were about getting anything in life. Finding him engrossed in what he was doing, Clyde stood first on one foot and then on the other, until at last, sensing someone was hovering about for something, the man turned, “well?”, he asked.

“You don’t happen to need a soda fountain helper, do you?” Clyde cast at him a glance that said as plain as anything could, “if you have any such place, I wish you would please give it to me. I need it.”

“No, no, no,” replied the man, who was blond and vigorous and by nature a little irritable.

He was about to turn away, but seeing a flicker of disappointment and depression pass over Clyde’s face, he turned and added, “Ever work in a place like this before?”

“No place as fine as this. No, sir.” replied Clyde. “I’m working now down at Mr. Klinkle’s store, but it isn’t anything like this one and I’d like to get something better if I could.”

“Uh,” went on the man, “Well, that’s reasonable enough. But there isn’t anything here right now that I could offer you. We don’t make any changes. But if you’d like to be a bell-boy, I can tell you where you might get a place. They are looking for an extra boy in the hotel inside there right now. The captain of the boys was telling me he was in need of one.

Then seeing Clyde’s eyes suddenly brightened, he added, "But you mustn’t say that I sent you, because I don’t know you. Just ask for Mr. Squires inside there, under the stairs, and he can tell you all about it.” 【442 words】
出自《美国悲剧》,没想到吧,今年考的是文学。还好都是些对话,理解上没有什么问题。但是大家都能理解,这时候就要比谁翻译更出色了,翻译细节上很容易丢分。看似简单,实则不然啊。

汉译英  出自王佐良先生《想起清华种种》真题有改动。以下为真题原文:

我只是清华几万校友中的一个,现已不在清华工作,然而一说起这所学校,至今像年轻时一样兴奋,话也说不完似的。

清华吸引人的究竟是什么?它有很好的校园,装备,但这些别校也有;它的历史也不是很长,世界大学中,成立已几百年的有的是;想来想去,还是由于清华的人,或者说清华人和中国历史的特殊关联。

说起清华人,我怀念我的老师们。大学一年级,俞平伯、余冠英两先生教我国文,一位教读本,一位教作文,都亲切而严格,有一次余先生指出我作文中的错误,但又要我多写几篇给他看。二年级,贺麟老师教我西洋哲学史,见了我长达百页的英文读书报告不仅不皱眉,反而在班上表扬我;正是在他的指导之下,我读了不少古希腊哲学家著作的英译,真有发现新星球似的喜悦。

我们这一级(1935-1939)还有一段特殊经历,即抗日战争的锻炼。我们两年在清华园度过,两年在长沙、南岳、蒙自、昆明度过。有的同学进入解放区打游击,大多数在大后方直接或间接地参加战争工作。【395字】
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

15#
发表于 2018-12-27 15:31:34 | 只看该作者
@高
1、补短板:to improve weak links
2、商品住宅:commodity housing
3、增后劲:to increase the potential for (economic development)
4、市场主体:market entity
5、绩效考评:performance appraisal
6、资源开发:resource development
7、亚投行:AIIB(Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank)
8、资金通融:financing
9、团结互信:solidarity and mutual trust
10、责任共同体:community of shared responsibility
11、供给侧改革:supply side reform
12、精准扶贫:targeted poverty alleviation
13、严禁烟火:No Burning
14、如厕后请冲厕:Please flush the toilet after use
15、排队购票:to queue up/line up for tickets ; line up to buy tickets
16、a shortfall in capital:资金短缺
17、environmentally-friendly technology:环保技术
18、financial standing:财务状况
19、the date of issuance:签发日期
20、earnings report:收益报告(表)
21、a competitive price:竞争价格
22、the port of destination:目的港
23、business scope:业务范围
24、money market fund:货币市场基金
25、running account:往来帐户
26、reserve for depreciation:折旧准备
27、relief measure:救济措施
28、financial recession:金融衰退,金融危机
29、technological prowess:技术实力
30、monetary stringency:银根收缩
二、段落翻译
英译汉
应该是选自An American Tragedy(By Theodore Dreiser),有部分改动。
Today, being driven by the necessity of doing something for himself, he entered the drug store which occupied the corner, finding a girl cashier in a small glass cage near the door, asked of her who was in charge of the soda fountain.
Interested by his uncertain manner, as well as his deep and rather appealing eyes, and instinctively judging that he was looking for something to do, she observed, “Why, Mr. Sector, there, the manager of the store.” She nodded in the direction of a short, meticulously dressed man of about thirty-five, who was arranging an especial display of diamond necklaces on the top of a glass case.
Clyde approached him, being still dubious as to how one were about getting anything in life. Finding him engrossed in what he was doing, Clyde stood first on one foot and then on the other, until at last, sensing someone was hovering about for something, the man turned, “well?”, he asked.
“You don’t happen to need a soda fountain helper, do you?” Clyde cast at him a glance that said as plain as anything could, “if you have any such place, I wish you would please give it to me. I need it.”
“No, no, no,” replied the man, who was blond and vigorous and by nature a little irritable.
He was about to turn away, but seeing a flicker of disappointment and depression pass over Clyde’s face, he turned and added, “Ever work in a place like this before?”
“No place as fine as this. No, sir.” replied Clyde. “I’m working now down at Mr. Klinkle’s store, but it isn’t anything like this one and I’d like to get something better if I could.”
“Uh,” went on the man, “Well, that’s reasonable enough. But there isn’t anything here right now that I could offer you. We don’t make any changes. But if you’d like to be a bell-boy, I can tell you where you might get a place. They are looking for an extra boy in the hotel inside there right now. The captain of the boys was telling me he was in need of one.
Then seeing Clyde’s eyes suddenly brightened, he added, "But you mustn’t say that I sent you, because I don’t know you. Just ask for Mr. Squires inside there, under the stairs, and he can tell you all about it.” 【442 words】
汉译英(广外不考本地,改考清华也是醉了)
清华吸引人的究竟是什么?它有很好的校园,装备,但这些别校也有;它的历史也不是很长,世界大学中,成立已几百年的有的是;想来想去,还是由于清华的人,或者说清华人和中国历史的特殊关联。
说起清华人,我怀念我的老师们。大学一年级,俞平伯、余冠英两先生教我国文,一位教读本,一位教作文,都亲切而严格,有一次余先生指出我作文中的错误,但又要我多写几篇给他看。二年级,贺麟老师教我西洋哲学史,见了我长达百页的英文读书报告不仅不皱眉,反而在班上表扬我;正是在他的指导之下,我读了不少古希腊哲学家著作的英译,真有发现新星球似的喜悦。
我们这一级(1935-1939)还有一段特殊经历,即抗日战争的锻炼。我们两年在清华园度过,两年在长沙、南岳、蒙自、昆明度过。有的同学进入解放区打游击,大多数在大后方直接或间接地参加战争工作。【395字】
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

16#
发表于 2018-12-29 11:08:09 | 只看该作者
@Asiera
词条:如厕后请冲水        technical prowess
      补短板              A shortfall of capital
      增后劲              Environmentally-friendly technology
      亚投行              financial standing
      商品住宅            earnings report
      市场主体            a competitive price        
      绩效考评            the port of destination
      资金通融            business scope
      团结互信            money market fund
      责任共同体          running account
      供给侧改革          reserve for depreciation
      精准扶贫            relief measure
      严禁烟火            financial recession
      排队购票           monetary stringency
      资源开发            
英译汉:

“No, no, no,”replied the man, who was blond and vigorous and by nature a little irritable.
Then seeing Clyde’s eyes suddenly brightened, he added, "But you mustn’t say that I sent you, because I don’t know you. Just ask for Mr. Squires inside there, under the stairs, and he can tell you all about it.”
英译汉:选自《想起清华种种》

我们这一级(1935-1939)还有一段特殊经历,即抗日战争的锻炼。我们两年在清华园度过,两年在长沙、南岳、蒙自、昆明度过。有的同学进入解放区打游击,大多数在大后方直接或间接地参加战争工作。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

17#
发表于 2018-12-31 12:00:03 | 只看该作者
@大胡子。。。。。
词条翻译:
补短板
商品住宅
增后劲
市场主体
绩效考评
资源开发
亚投行
资金通融
团结互信
责任共同体
供给侧改革
精准扶贫
严禁烟火
如厕后请冲厕
排队购票
A shortfall in capital
Environmentally-friendly technology
Financial standing
The date of issuance
Earnings report
A competitive price
The port of destination
Business scope
Money market fund
Running account
Reserve for depreciation
Relief measure
Financial recession
Technological prowess
Monetary stringency

段落翻译:
英译汉

汉译英  

我们这一级(1935-1939)还有一段特殊经历,即抗日战争的锻炼。我们两年在清华园度过,两年在长沙、南岳、蒙自、昆明度过。有的同学进入解放区打游击,大多数在大后方直接或间接地参加战争工作。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /4 下一条

QQ|关注微信公众号|2024年广外考研群|明德尚行教育淘宝店铺|手机版|电话:18819455115|广外考研论坛 ( 京ICP备18034083号-5  

京公网安备 11010502043798号

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 19:30 , Processed in 0.058416 second(s), 23 queries .